Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Personal Hope...for all of us.

(image from http://pennsylvaniaflyfishing.blogspot.com/2007/11/beartooth-mountain-serenade.html)


On Friday, I had the great honor of being invited to speak at Travis Engstrom's funeral. He is the man who died at Crown Butte (pictured above) last weekend. Kelly, his lovely wife, and his 5-month old son, Kaden, were at Hope Lutheran Church in Bozeman, MT. Surrounding them were friends, in-laws, family and acquaintances. It was a great and comforting thing to see. During the service, several people got up and commented on what a giving and loving person Travis was. I have never met Travis, but as I looked around that room, I saw over 350 people there for one person. Most of them were around 35 years old and almost all of them considered Travis a good friend. In the center of all of this sat Kelly with Kaden. My hope and wish as I sat there would be that all of us could have that kind of impact and support in a tragic situation. Better, after having lived a full and fulfilled life, that all of us would have 350 people at our funeral or memorial service. I was touched and moved deeply. Even though I have never met Travis, through him I got to know his wonderful family and was able to see a powerful example of what it means to be loved and loving in this world. May peace be with Travis and may blessings and peace surround his family and friends.
Peace!
Pastor Seth

PS: Comments have been fixed to allow anyone to comment. Sorry for any confusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment