Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lessons with Jeff


On Friday, I had the great opportunity to go snowmobiling with my good friend, Jeff. He was my snowmobile instructor for the afternoon. He got me standing on one runner to balance the machine going around corners and got me to the base of Henderson Mountain (pictured at right). Coming off of Henderson Jeff took me down a steep hill. I learned very quickly that too much brake on the slope means the back of the snowmobile begins to swing around. And I also learned that speed is your friend on a snowmobile. It was great fun. Fortunately for me, and probably unfortunately for you, Jeff did not get the picture of me standing next to the sled when I turned it onto its side by driving it into a tree well. You will just have to wait.

This afternoon I took my daughter Rhiannon up to the top of Daisy Pass on the snowmobile. It was snowing pretty heavily up there and with the polarized goggles everything turns white and it becomes very difficult to see the pathway down the mountain. 35 mph up became 15-20 mph down the mountain. But it was fun and Rhiannon was thrilled to be on a snowmobile for her first time.

Check out this week's sermon! It may be the first and last time I use a sports analogy for a sermon. This time, I made an analogy on boxing, which by the way is also the title of one of the best written books I have ever read. It was written by Joyce Carol Oates and is one of the best books you will ever read on the Sweet Science.
Peace to all!
Pastor Seth

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture! Wow, what a view! Your blog is very relaxed and easy to read; I enjoy reading your posts!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete